Dermal Filler Injections and Aging
The dreaded topic we all avoid, aging. It’s inevitable and our skin proves that to us daily. Everyone’s body shows aging in different ways, all of which can make some of us feel a little self-conscious about our appearance. Especially when signs of aging show sooner than we’d like! We’ve been told for years our hands and faces are the first things to show your age. As a result, these areas tend to lose fullness and fat, causing sagging or loose skin and deep lines and creases. Age gracefully with Dermal filler injections. Here to help restore that natural, smooth look and help you look and feel years younger.
What are Dermal Filler Injections?
Dermal filler is an injectable gel with a hyaluronic acid-base. Hyaluronic acid is a safe substance, that we naturally generate in our bodies. As we age, we lose the natural production of collagen and hyaluronic acid in our skin. Together, these keep our skin smooth and wrinkle-free. Without them, we show aging. Dermal fillers treat deep wrinkles and creases in the face and plumping or adding volume to the cheeks and lips. Dermal filler injections give the ability to treat these problem areas that suffer the loss of volume in the skin.
How Is Dermal Filler Different from Botox?
Botox treats expression lines, preventing the muscles from flexing or contracting that cause wrinkles. For example, common treatment areas for Botox are deep forehead lines and around the eyes. Whereas lines in the lower face, around the mouth, are not due to repeated muscle use and this is where Dermal filler injections come in to play. The easiest way to distinguish the differences is that Botox treats expression lines such as when we show excitement, anger, shock, and other emotion on our faces. Dermal filler treats resting lines that appear when we aren’t moving our facial muscles.
Commonly Asked Questions
- How Does Dermal Filler Work? Dermal filler injections work beneath the skin, revitalizing and adding volume to the skin. As a gel injection, it’s full of hyaluronic acid and is proven to kick-start the natural production of collagen that helps keep your skin firm! Think of it as filling the deep pockets and lines that cause your wrinkles, fine lines, or sagging skin. As a result, leaving your skin smooth and glowing for a natural, soft look.
- Is Dermal Filler Painful? Most patients record having little to no discomfort. Dermal fillers are injected using a very small needle by very experienced injectors. You can request topical numbing cream or an ice pack prior to injections to ease the ache from the needle.
- Is Dermal Filler Dangerous? Dermal fillers were approved by the FDA years ago. They are considered a very safe procedure to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, as well as to add lost volume to and contouring the face.
- How Long does Dermal Filler Last? Dermal fillers are not permanent. They typically last 6 months to over a year. This varies from person to person and is dependent on age, metabolism, injection type, and unit amount.
Common Side Effects of Dermal Filler
Most side effects are minimal and go away within hours to days of treatment.
- Rash or itching
- Lumps and bumps at the injection site
Dermal Filler Injections at NLI
When it comes down to cosmetic treatments, we know the importance of seeing medically trained professionals. Our staff is ready to make you look and feel your best! Be confident in your procedure, injector, and results when you stop in to see us for your Dermal filler. Be sure to talk to our staff about the affordable treatment options we offer to age gracefully with Dermal fillers.
Interested in learning more about aging gracefully with dermal fillers? We offer your choice of virtual consultations from the comfort of your home or in-person complimentary consults. Click here to schedule yours