Is Botox Worth It?
There is no doubt that you have heard of Botox. As one of the most popular injectable cosmetics in the United States, Botox is proven to prevent and turn around signs of aging. The struggle with age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines can be a scary reality. Here at NLIMed Spa, we have trained medical professionals injecting clients to assure you receive results you are proud of. Turn back the clock and regain your confidence. Stop by for a consultation and ask, is Botox worth it for your skincare goals?
What Is Botox
Botox is an injectable botulinum toxin. It temporarily blocks signals from nerves to muscles so the injected muscle can’t contract. Preventing muscle movement that is the root cause of deep wrinkles and lines due to facial expressions. By softening the skin and the appearance of lines and wrinkles, Botox is worth the time and procedure if you want to take years off your appearance and prevent the rapid aging process.
What to Expect
Botox injections themselves only take minutes. Your first consultation appointment will be roughly 30 minutes long, going over your treatment expectations and explaining the injection process. Together with your service provider, you will decide the amount of units you are both comfortable with. The injections are administered using a very small needle, and no numbing or anesthesia is needed. These small injections cause little to no discomfort. If you have a low pain tolerance, you can request a topical numbing cream prior to the procedure. Botox leaves the skin looking young, youthful, and refreshed.
Important Things to Consider:
- Know Your Goals. Make sure you know your skincare goals prior to the consultation. Knowing your expectations from your injections will help your service provider decide what is the best treatment option for you. Communicating clearly with your injector prior to the procedure will make sure you receive a treatment plan tailored to your individual care.
- Understand aging. Understand that aging is a natural process that everyone goes through. That being said, everyone’s skin is different. Botox is FDA approved to help slow the aging process and therefore, preventing early signs of aging. When Botox is injected beneath the skin, it relaxes muscles that create the deep creases in your skin.
- Be Realistic. Make sure you understand aesthetic cosmetics. Know that injectable treatments are not permanent and need upkeep, repeat treatments, and the ability to stick to a care plan to maximize your results. For example, understand why you are receiving Botox treatment. When treating deep lines and wrinkles, you may have a different care plan versus someone using Botox as preventative care. You will want to understand the financial and time commitment needed to continue to see results.
What is Botox Used For
- Forehead wrinkles, deep creases, and fine lines
- Frown lines, or vertical lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s Feet
- Under-eye lines
- Bunny lines, or lines that appear when you scrunch the nose
- Excessive sweating
- Headaches, facial spasms, and other medical issues that can be treated in a doctor’s office
So, is Botox Worth It?
If you have trouble with any of the areas mentioned above, the answer could be, yes! Some factors will be weighed before deciding that you are a candidate for Botox injections. Prime candidates are at least 18 years of age and under the age of 65, are in good overall health, and are not pregnant or breastfeeding. You will also want to discuss any previous facial cosmetic procedures with your injector or service provider prior to treatment.
Side Effects of Botox
All cosmetic aesthetic procedures have the possibility of side effects and risks. When using Botox, most see minor effects that relieve in days after treatment.
- Pain, redness and swelling at the injection site
- Blurred vision
- Headache or dizziness
- Puffy, dry, or drooping eyelids
- Muscle stiffness
Interested in exploring if Botox is worth it? We offer your choice of virtual consultations from the comfort of your home or in-person complimentary consults. Click here to schedule yours!